Webhook allow you to build or setup Apps which subscribe to certain events on your shop. When one of those events is triggered, we'll send a HTTP POST payload to the webhook's configured URL.
A webhook delivers data to other applications as it happens, meaning you get data immediately. Unlike typical APIs where you would need to poll for data very frequently in order to get it real-time.
For example, you can rely on webhooks to trigger an action in your app when a customer places an order.
- Create a Webhook
- Webhook Events
- Webhook Payloads
1. Create a Webhook
You can create a webhook from Settings section in your store admin panel.
- From your store admin, go to Settings.
- In the Webhooks section, click Add webhook.
- Select the even type you want to listen for from the drop-down box and enter the URL (http:// or https://) where you want to receive notification.
- After you create the webhook you can test your webhooks to verify that endpoint is receiving notification. The test will send an example order to the URL you provided.
You can delete webhook from this panel as well.
2. Webhook Events
Fishry currently supports two type of events
- Order - Executed when an order is created or the status of order is changed.
- Customer - Executed when a customer is created or updated.